Wound Care Essentials PDF is a book that will help you learn and study for the WOCN exam. Every wound care nurse should be aware of the practical information on what dressings do and the description of atypical wounds.
The freshly redesigned PDF Wound Care Essentials, 5th Edition is a comprehensive seminal resource that provides the most up-to-date evidence, recommendations, and information to help the interprofessional skin and wound care team transfer knowledge into practice.
Features of Wound Care Essentials PDF 5th edition
- New chapters on the skin, skin problems, and lymphedema have been added.
- There will be more chapter contributions from global wound care experts.
- There are now 50 color photos of wounds in the gallery that can be very helpful.
- End-of-book certification practice exam, with new review questions.
- All chapters have updated the most recent research and educational tools.
- Use visual aids, mnemonics, tables, boxes, diagrams, and charts to remember essential things.
- Practice Point Boxes are quick summaries of knowledge for best practices that help you remember what you learned.
- Examine the questions at the end of each chapter and record your responses at the book’s conclusion. Then you can demonstrate your expertise!
- Patient Scenario: Case studies showing clinical data and talking about how information can be used.
- All chapters in this book have been updated with the most recent international guidelines for skin tears and pressure injuries.
- This is great for training staff at wound centers and in any healthcare setting. It’s also great for changing skin and wound care policies and procedures.
Quality of Life and Ethical Issues
Reimbursement Regulations Impacting Wound Care
Legal Aspects of Wound Care
Skin: An Essential Organ
Acute and Chronic Wound Healing
Wound Bioburden and Infection
Wound Treatment Options
Nutrition and Wound Care
Pressure Redistribution: Seating, Positioning, and Support Surfaces
Pain Management and Wounds
Venous Disease and Ulcers
Lymphedema: Complete Decongestive Therapy
Diabetic Foot Ulcers
Sickle Cell Ulcers
Surgical Wounds and Surgical Reconstruction
Tube, Drain, and Fistula Management
Adiposity and the Bariatric Patient
Pressure Injuries in Neonatal and Pediatric Populations
Palliative Skin and Wound Care
Sharon Baranoski, MSN, RN, CCNS-APN, CWCN, MAPWCA, FAAN, is an Advanced Practice Nurse who specializes in skin and wound care. Her experience extends across all healthcare settings. She is a well-known consultant, author, lecturer, and educator. She is an American Academy of Nursing Fellow. She is a previous President of both the International Skin Tear Advisory Board and the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel, and she is still an active member of both. Sharon has received various honors and prizes for her efforts in the field of wound care over the last 35 years.
Ayello, Elizabeth A.
Elizabeth A. Ayello, Ph.D., MS, BSN, RN, CWON, ETN, MAPWCA, FAAN, is a Board-certified wound and ostomy nurse who believes in a multidisciplinary approach to skin and wound care practice and education. She is a member of the American Academy of Nursing, which is a group of people who work in nursing and an internationally known prolific author, editor, researcher, consultant (including CMS), an innovative, interactive educator. She is currently the Co-Editor in Chief of Advances in Skin and Wound Care and President of the World Council of Enterostomal.
Pros & Cons
This is an excellent book on wound care for people who are new to the field. A lot of good information can be found in this book.
The print is insufficiently large. It is tiresome to read. The entire book looked like the print in this box!!!!
- Book Name: Wound Care Essentials – 5th Edition
- Publisher : LWW; 5th edition (July 1, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 632 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975128885
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975128883
- Item Weight : 2.05 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
Download PDF of Wound Care Essentials
Always We will encourage you to buy a hardcover/paperback/kindle from our affiliated link. But for those who have financial problems and need the e-book or pdf version, we provide them the book’s copy totally free. And If the owner of the book gives a complaint about the pdf copy then we are bound to remove the copy from our site!
To file a complaint, email us–
Please don’t forget to comment if you couldn’t download this file or if you face any kind of issue! Or you can provide your email to the comment section, and we will send you the pdf copy through your email! And also, please must share your experience with this book. We will publish your comment though you add a relevant link about this content!