Updated to reflect the most current curriculum standards, Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography pdf, 8th Edition gives you the information you need to pass the boards. This widely used book teaches you about general or abdominal and obstetric or gynecologic sonography.
It also teaches you vascular sonography and echocardiography. Each chapter talks about the patient’s history, normal anatomy, ultrasound techniques, pathology, and related lab results. Also, more than 3,100 images and drawings help you see the difference between normal anatomy and disease.
The 8th edition of the Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography pdf upholds the high standards set by the first edition, published in 1978. Like other medical imaging fields, diagnostic sonography has undergone dramatic changes and innovations since its early clinical trials.
The design of transducers, instruments, three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) imaging, image processing, tissue harmonics, and contrast agents have made massive progress in the last few years. The eighth edition has kept up with advances in the field by inviting new contributors who are currently working in various areas of medical sonography across the country.
Multiple reviewers’ critiques and suggestions helped ensure that this edition contains the most complete and up-to-date information needed to meet the modern student of sonography requirements.
The textbook of diagnostic sonography PDF can be used as a comprehensive resource for both students and practitioners in various clinical settings, such as hospitals, clinics, and private practices. While studying sonographic examination protocol and technique, special care has been taken to ensure that readers understand the patient’s overall clinical picture thoroughly. As a result, each chapter covers the following topics:
• Key terminology
• Normal anatomy (including cross-sectional anatomy)
• Normal physiology
• Laboratory data and values
• Sonographic evaluation of an organ
• Sonographic findings
• Pitfalls in sonography
• Clinical findings
• Differential considerations
• “Key Pearls.”
The student of anatomy and pathology for sonography will benefit significantly from the full-color art program. The anatomic information to perform specific sonographic examinations is illustrated in detail with line drawings. Multiple color photographs of gross pathology and color Doppler illustrations are included where applicable to help the reader visualize some of the pathologies presented.
Key points are pulled out into numerous boxes to make important information easy to find; tables throughout the chapters summarize the pathology under discussion and divide the data into Clinical Findings, Sonographic Findings, and Differential Considerations.
Workbook for Diagnostic Medical Sonography PDF
Features of the Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography
- Using full-color presentation, including color scans of gross pathology photos where appropriate, improves your learning experience and the text’s teaching value.
- Pathology tables provide quick access to clinical findings, laboratory results, sonography results, and differential considerations.
The pedagogy, which includes chapter objectives and outlines, alerts you to the critical information you will learn in each chapter.
- The Evolve website has PowerPoint slides, an image bank, review questions, a workbook answer key for students, and a test bank for teachers to use to help students and teachers learn and practice sonography skills, among other things.
- Sonography Findings, highlighted with an icon and particular type, draw attention to essential clinical information.
- NEW! All of the topics you need to pass the boards and do well in the real world are covered in this book. It also has new chapters on ultrasound of blood vessels, hemodynamics, and echocardiography. This book is an excellent choice for assisting someone in passing the tests and performing well in clinical.
- REVISED! The content reflects the most current curriculum standards, ensuring that you have the knowledge required to pass the exams.
- NEW! Updated images depict the most recent advances in sonography and will assist you in preparing for the boards and clinicals.
- NEW! Key words in chapter openers direct your attention to the terms you must know and understand.
- NEW! At the end of each chapter, bulleted summary lists reinforce key concepts.
- NEW! At the end of the book, a short bibliography lists the most important sources and points you in the right direction for more information on a particular subject.
Sandra L. Hagen-Ansert, MS,
RDMS, RDCS, FASE, FSDMS
Manager, Echo Labs
Scripps Clinic & Hospitals—La Jolla, California
Pros & Cons
This is one of the best primary textbooks for students who want to learn about Diagnostic Sonography. There are a lot of pictures in both of the books. As a review of what the student has learned from each chapter, a workbook can be helpful.
You can get the information in the book, but it’s written in a way that makes it hard for a student to understand. We think the author should have spent more time going into specifics and giving clear descriptions.
- Book Name: Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography: 2-Volume Set, 8th edition
- Publisher : Mosby; 8th edition (May 3, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1664 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323353754
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323353755
- Item Weight : 11.64 pounds
- Dimensions : 9.7 x 4 x 11.7 inches
Download Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography
Always We will encourage you to buy a hardcover/paperback/kindle from our affiliated link. But for those who have financial problems and need the e-book or pdf version, we provide them the book’s copy totally free. And If the owner of the book gives a complaint about the pdf copy then we are bound to remove the copy from our site!
To file a complaint, email us–
Please don’t forget to comment if you couldn’t download this file or if you face any kind of issue! Or you can provide your email to the comment section, and we will send you the pdf copy through your email! And also, please must share your experience with this book. We will publish your comment though you add a relevant link about this content!