Saunders comprehensive review for the NCLEX-RN examination 8th edition pdf often referred to as “the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,” has been completely revised to suit the most current test plan. A total of 5,200 NCLEX-style questions have been added to the book and online in this updated edition.
Thousands of questions are available on the Evolve companion website so that you can customize your practice. To pass today’s NCLEX exam, don’t make the erroneous assumption that all NCLEX exam review books have identical question quality.
Only Silvestri’s book contains the types of questions that consistently evaluate clinical judgment skills. You’ll also get explanations for all of your answer choices, including test-taking tactics and pointers on approaching each question effectively.
This is THE NCLEX prep book, written by the most reputable author in the field. Read any customer reviews or talk to your friends to learn why we’re so confident in our product’s uniqueness.
- 5.200 practice questions in the book and online provide adequate preparation for the actual test.
- Every topic in this book of Saunders’ comprehensive review for the nclex-rn examination 8th edition pdf is covered with 75 multiple-choice questions, just as they are on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- All alternate item format questions are included to give students practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills, such as multiple-response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, and figure/illustration [hot spot].
- A fresh graduate’s experience with the NCLEX-RN is presented in the opening chapters on NCLEX preparation counselling and NCLEX-RN study tips.
- The Evolve companion site has audio summaries on pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance.
- To better prepare for the NCLEX exam, the practice questions include delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management.
- In addition, each question includes extensive explanations and strategies to help you analyze and discover the proper answer.
- Concepts of importance Call-outs draw attention to particular aspects of nursing practice. Text Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice has been used to update the concepts.
- Priority is increased using nursing action boxes, and you may provide relevant and up-to-date information to patients.
- When using the accompanying Evolve site, you can create bespoke tests or study sessions by dividing the questions into cognitive levels; the client needs areas, integrated processes, and content areas.
- 11. Beware of the Pyramid! Boxes highlight key nursing concepts and practices and provide suggestions and shortcuts to help readers retain the knowledge.
- The use of mnemonic devices is sprinkled throughout the text.
- The most recent NCLEX-RN test plan and clinical revisions are included in the completely revised and updated content.
- Clinical Sensitivity To help with clinical judgment, situations ask for critical thinking abilities and include Next Generation NCLEX item types.
- Nuclear radiation is a topic covered in bioterrorism content.
- New prioritization questions assess your ability to set priorities.
- Practice questions assist you to focus on certain medicine classes in the pharmacology classifications code.
- Chapter 18 on Exceptional Groups focuses on the nursing care of vulnerable and special populations.
- Critical care nursing interventions, sepsis, shock, and sedation are all covered in the chapter on Complex Care.
- Each practice question includes a Health Problem Code to help you narrow your study focus.
- The chapter on Oncological and Hematological Problems now includes a section on Anemia.
- It helps you focus on applying health and physical assessment ideas when you use a systematic case scenario.
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN
Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island
Part-Time Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Henderson,
Elsevier Consultant, HESI NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® Live Review Courses
Linda Anne Silvestri has contributed decades of nursing education and leadership to the nursing workforce in desperate need. Her study focused on a comprehensive look at the factors that influence licensing exam achievement.
Her findings, published in the Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, resulted in significant contributions to the field of NCLEX® preparation, meeting a fundamental need. Linda’s goal was to create a comprehensive educational strategy that would assure total well-being in terms of test anxiety and self-efficacy, as well as NCLEX® achievement.
She aspires for excellence in publication-quality as a pioneer in offering global NCLEX® preparation resources published by Elsevier, based on discovering new information in nursing, standards of care, and research-based studies.
Nursing graduates will make solid clinical decisions as they serve the public and the nursing profession, thanks to her published materials. Linda also works for Elsevier as a Next Generation NCLEX® Subject Matter Expert and Consultant.
Angela E. Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC,
Assistant Professor & BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas,
Registered Nurse, Henderson Hospital Medical Center, Henderson, Nevada
Consultant, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada
Angela Silvestri, a well-known nurse educator, researcher, and author, is a well-known nurse educator, researcher, and author. For the past 10 (ten) years, she has taught and worked in university administration roles at all levels of nursing education.
She has taught Nutrition and Human Development Across the Lifespan, Foundations of Care in Nursing, Gerontological Nursing, Complex Care in Nursing, Leadership, and Transition to Practice in pre-nursing and undergraduate nursing programs, as well as in the classroom and clinical settings.
She is now the Program Director for the University of Nevada, Las Vegas’ undergraduate BSN program. Her dedication to college student achievement is evident in her teaching of leadership and licensing exam preparation at the School of Nursing, as well as her national and worldwide publishing of research and best-selling licensure exam review tools.
Katherine M. Silvestri, BSN, RN
Consultant, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada
- Book Name: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 8e
- Publisher : Saunders; 8th edition (October 7, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1152 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323358411
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323358415
- Item Weight : 4.39 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.4 x 1.4 x 10.8 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #547 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1 in Nursing Reviews & Study Guides (Books)
- #1 in Nursing Test Preparation
Download Saunders comprehensive review
The most vital topic to know in nursing school is a great book with excellent reviews. I went through each chapter and found the information to be factual and succinct. To download this book click the below link.