Gerontological Nursing PDF book provides evidence-based treatment of aging, factors leading to healthy aging, and distinctive illness presentation and management elements in older persons, focusing on the topics students need to know for effective practice. The information is systematically divided into five units that give students a concise but thorough overview of the aging process and lead them through the challenges of gerontological care.
This tenth edition of Gerontological Nursing [PDF] book maintains the text’s renowned holistic approach to patient care by covering psychosocial, legal, ethical, and spiritual topics, as well as updated content to help students cope with the challenges of a changing healthcare environment and a more diverse population.
Gerontological Nursing book [PDF] this edition also includes Unfolding Patient Stories that directly correlate to simulated patient scenarios in vSim® for Nursing Gerontology, giving students a consistent, realistic experience in patient interaction and improving their readiness for practice.
These two features help students review key concepts and prepare for the next generation of NCLEX®. Furthermore, Research findings and nursing implications from the most recent research have been included in the revised text.
|Book Name||Gerontological Nursing|
|Authors||Charlotte Eliopoulos RNC MPH CDONA / LTC|
|Publisher||LWW; Tenth, North American edition (March 19, 2021)|
Gerontological Nursing PDF Description
The Gerontological Nursing Book PDF has been updated to reflect the latest research findings and to emphasize the nursing implications. Here’s something new! With case studies and questions related to clinical chapters, students can review critical ideas and prepare for the NCLEX® of the next generation.
A new feature has been added to improve practice readiness encouraging the students to discuss patient care and connect to related cases in vSim® for Nursing Gerontology and Lippincott® DocuCare through the National League for Nursing’s Unfolding Patient Stories program. According to Lippincott’s Adaptive Learning, Concept Mastery Alerts help students make sense of potentially complex material. Recent, evidence-based research is clinically relevant through PrepU’s Bringing Research to Life feature.
Considering this example, applying reality, and using critical thinking exercises are great features to show the connection between the text’s topics and the real world. Gerontological Nursing 10th Edition PDF includes in-text learning tools such as chapter summaries, learning objectives, terms to know, and communication tips and points so students can understand complex content more easily. In addition, Nursing Problem Highlights give concise overviews of typical nursing issues, explaining everything from the underlying reasons to potential solutions. One of the finest improvements of this book is Nursing Care Plans outline the nursing problem, goal, and action for particular health scenarios, allowing students to develop realistic health care plans.
In assessment guides, students learn about general observation, history-taking, and physical examination.
Keeping students’ attention and digesting knowledge is easier with an open, exciting design. As a result, nursing professionals can confidently and skillfully provide holistic care to senior citizens in any situation.
Contents of Gerontological Nursing PDF 10th Edition
- UNIT 1 The Aging Experience
- Chapter 1 The Aging Population
- Chapter 2 Theories of Aging
- Chapter 3 Diversity
- Chapter 4 Life Transitions and Story
- Chapter 5 Common Aging Changes
- UNIT 2 Foundations of Gerontological Nursing
- Chapter 6 The Specialty of Gerontological Nursing
- Chapter 7 Holistic Assessment and Care Planning
- Chapter 8 Legal Aspects of Gerontological Nursing
- Chapter 9 Ethical Aspects of Gerontological Nursing
- Chapter 10 Continuum of Care in Gerontological Nursing
- UNIT 3 Health Promotion
- Chapter 11 Nutrition and Hydration
- Chapter 12 Sleep and Rest
- Chapter 13 Comfort and Pain Management
- Chapter 14 Safety
- Chapter 15 Safe Medication Use
- UNIT 4 Geriatric Care
- Chapter 16 Respiration
- Chapter 17 Circulation
- Chapter 18 Digestion and Bowel Elimination
- Chapter 19 Urinary Elimination
- Chapter 20 Reproductive System Health
- Chapter 21 Mobility
- Chapter 22 Neurologic Function
- Chapter 23 Vision and Hearing
- Chapter 24 Endocrine Function
- Chapter 25 Skin Health
- Chapter 26 Cancer
- Chapter 27 Mental Health Disorders
- Chapter 28 Delirium and Dementia
- Chapter 29 Living in Harmony With Chronic Conditions
- UNIT 5 Settings and Special Issues in Geriatric Care
- Chapter 30 Spirituality
- Chapter 31 Sexuality and Intimacy
- Chapter 32 Rehabilitative and Restorative Care
- Chapter 33 Acute Care
- Chapter 34 Long-Term Care
- Chapter 35 Family Caregiving
- Chapter 36 End-of-Life Care
|Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing PDF|
|Care Nursing Made Incredibly Easy PDF|
|Community and Public Health Nursing PDF|
Gerontological Nursing PDF User’s Review
Download Gerontological Nursing PDF
Download (9th Edition)