Nursing drug handbook pdf 2022 is the number one drug guide for nurses and other professionals. It is always reliable and up to date! Nursing Drug Handbook 2022 has been the best-selling nursing drug guide for 41 years. Pharmacists and nurses meticulously review and update annually to include the most up-to-date, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to administer medications in any health care setting safely.
Nursing Drug Handbook pdf is like previous versions, stresses nursing and safety aspects of drug administration rather than seeking to replace complete pharmacology texts. Only the most essential facts are presented, and valuable graphic icons, logos, and highlighting attract special attention to crucial details that should not be neglected.
Related Books: Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing pdf free download
Features of Nursing drug handbook pdf 2022
- The “New Drugs” section is tabbed, allowing rapid access to all 25 entire drug monographs introduced in this edition.
- Text that has been thoroughly updated and includes thousands of generic, brand-name, and combination medications; There are 645 complete medication monographs, as well as 63 new generic pharmaceuticals approved by the FDA.
- Each monograph’s Pregnancy-Lactation-Reproduction header collects all vital material in one location.
- Drug safety is always a priority—includes a particular chapter with updated information on the safe administration of opioid analgesics, as well as numerous appendices covering drug safety guidelines, dosage alerts, best practices for avoiding medication errors, pediatric drugs commonly involved in drug errors, and elder care medication tips.
- Adding Tall Man letters to look-alike medicine names, as proposed by the ISMP
- Appendices on Prescription drug abuse: Identifying and treating toxicity, Understanding Biosimilar Drugs, and Safe Disposal of Unused Drugs: What Patients Should Know.
- Appendices on Canadian medications and safety concerns, including an ISMP Canada, Do Not Use list, a decision tree, and the official Canadian National Drug Schedules
- Icons and emblems that are easy to recognize, such as Canadian pharmaceuticals (maple leaf) and the Do Not Crush logo, as well as Black Box Warnings and other special notifications.
- Throughout, a genetic icon is utilized to emphasize the significant genetic considerations used to select and guide pharmacological therapy.
- FDA-approved biosimilar medicine monographs are highlighted in a biosimilar drug banner.
- Under Contraindications & Cautions, the Dialyzable drug logo indicates whether drug levels can be reduced by hemodialysis and, if so, by what percentage.
- 450 full-color, real-size tablets, and capsules photoguide.
The Chapters: At a glance
“Drug actions, interactions, and reactions” is the first chapter, which discusses how medications function in the body. It gives a broad overview of pharmacological properties (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion) and other essential parameters influencing drug action (such as protein binding, patient age, underlying condition, dose form, and administration route and timing). Drug interactions, adverse responses, and hazardous reactions are also described.
The second chapter, “Drug Therapy Across the Lifespan,” examines the risks of indiscriminate drug use during pregnancy and lactation, as well as the extra measures that women should take when pharmaceuticals are required. This chapter also discusses the unique issues of administering medications to youngsters and the elderly and practical tips for avoiding complications with these distinct populations.
In Chapter 3, “Safe Drug Administration,” the author examines the continued participation of governmental and nonprofit organizations in drug safety issues, as well as the steps nurses, must take to avoid prescription errors.
The indications, actions, contraindications, and cautions of more than 60 medication classes contained in the Nursing2021 Drug Handbook are summarized in Chapter 4, “Selected therapeutic drug classifications.” When patients can’t handle or respond to a particular prescription, nurses may swiftly find and compare generic drugs within each class, allowing them to quickly locate and compare related medicines.
Pros & Cons
The nursing drug handbook is the perfect book to have while studying nursing and working in a hospital or clinic. It is comprehensive and contains a great deal of information. The medications are easy to discover, and new details concerning drugs used during COVID-19, such as remdesivir, are included. As previously said, this is an excellent resource for anyone already working in the nursing field or attending nursing school. Strongly suggested!
There is no pregnant category. The side effects are not listed in the same order as in the textbook. It isn’t easy to study for examinations, but it is only based on guidebook knowledge. Drug cards are challenging to make with just this book.
- Book Name: Nursing drug handbook
- Authors: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publisher : LWW; Forty-Second, North American edition (May 27, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1824 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975158881
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975158880
- Item Weight : 2.55 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 2.25 x 8.5 inches
Download Nursing drug handbook pdf
Please purchase a new book of Nursing drug handbook 2022 from the above link because we will provide you with the 2021 edition here! But if you are compatible with the 41st edition, which was published in 2021, then you can use the link provided below!
Remember: Always We will encourage you to buy a hardcover/paperback/kindle from our affiliated link. But for those who have financial problems and need the e-book or pdf version, we provide them the book’s copy totally free. And If the owner of the book gives a complaint about the pdf copy then we are bound to remove the copy from our site!
To file a complaint, email us–
Don’t forget to comment if you couldn’t download this file or if you face any kind of issue! Or you can provide your email to the comment section, and we will send you the pdf copy through your email! And also, please must share your experience with this book. We will publish your comment though you add a relevant link about this content!