Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing pdf is a book of assessment and Management of Clinical Problems. Lewis Medical-Surgery Nursing, 11th Edition, provides a solid foundation for medical-surgical nursing.
This thoroughly revised text contains a more conversational writing style, a greater focus on nursing concepts and clinical trends, evidence-based solid content, and an overview of essential pathophysiology.
The range covers all aspects of nursing care, including health promotion, acute intervention, and outpatient care. Convenient maps and tables make it easy to find important information. The building block approach makes it easier to understand even the most complex concepts.
Key themes such as professional care, delegation, security, and prioritization are all built into it. In addition, you’ll find extensive information on medications and diagnostic research cards that give you a complete picture of care.
Best of all, a comprehensive collection of learning and learning resources helps you learn more effectively and provides valuable real-time preparation for clinical practice.
Key point of Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing pdf
- Content written and reviewed by leading experts in the field ensures that the information is complete, up-to-date, and clinically accurate.
- Specialist care tables and sections in all management chapters highlight the importance of comprehensive patient care in today’s healthcare setting and explain each provider’s role in disability management.
- Bridge to the NCLEX Exam Questions Expand the main content at the end of each chapter to help prepare for the NCLEX exam with standard, alternative step-by-step questions.
- Medical checkboxes require you to think critically and interact with patient data.
- The Informatics in Practice box describes how nurses and patients use technology in the medical environment.
- Evidence-based exercise boxes help you understand how to apply the latest research to real-world patient care.
- The book Safety Warning highlights patient safety issues and focuses on the latest national patient safety goals.
- Nursing management is presented in a consistent and comprehensive format, addressing a unique approach to nursing care.
- The text-wide case study emphasizes prioritization, delegation, and concept mapping so that you can learn how to prioritize and delegate patient care.
- Another chapter on genetics focuses on the actual application to patient care.
- The Genetics in Clinical Practice box covers essential topics like Alzheimer’s disease, genetic testing, ethical issues related to genetics, and sickle cell disease.
- Genetic risk warnings and genetic link headings highlight specific genetic problems associated with abnormalities and assessments of the body’s systems.
- The ethical/legal dilemma block facilitates critical thinking about timely and sensitive legal and ethical issues.
- Pathophysiology map flowcharts facilitate visualization and understanding of changes occurring in major diseases.
- The focused assessment table reflects a realistic “on-the-fly” assessment approach, with a short checklist for assessing the status of previously identified health problems and monitoring signs of new problems. Offers.
- Extensive drug therapy content includes a concise drug therapy table and drug warnings highlighting essential safety considerations for effective drugs.
- The Population Health Promotion Table summarizes government medical goals for specific disabilities and identifies vital disease prevention and early detection strategies.
- The nutrition therapy table summarizes nutritional interventions and strategies to promote a healthy lifestyle for patients with different conditions.
- The chapter on promoting health inequalities boxes and health inequalities and culturally competent care focuses on risk factors and critical issues related to nursing in different ethnic groups.
- The Complementary and Alternative Therapy box summarizes what you need to know about clinical uses, the effects of herbal therapies and their impact on nursing, and complementary and alternative treatment options.
- Nursing interventions and diagnoses are listed in order of priority.
- The Nursing Management Box emphasizes the role of nurses in working with team members among professionals and covers specific topics and skills related to delegation. The rating anomaly table warns nurses about frequent disorders and their possible etiologies.
- Basic clinical content focuses on emphasizing and incorporating QSEN competencies.
- The Emergency Management Table describes the treatment of health problems that can cause most emergency care.
- Learning outcomes and key terms help identify important content in the chapter.
- The health history table provides important questions for patients associated with a particular illness or disorder.
- Education tables for patients and caregivers provide essential information to help educate others to help care for patients.
- Gerontology and chronic illnesses are included under the gerontology considerations heading. And throughout the text of the Gerontology Assessment Sheet.
- The Nursing Assessment Sheet is a compilation of important objective and subjective data related to common illnesses.
- Gender boxes show how women and men are affected differently by conditions such as pain and high blood pressure.
- The Diagnostic Study table provides details of commonly used laboratory tests to help assess various body systems.
- Over 60 nursing care plans clearly show links between NICs, NOCs, and nursing diagnoses and apply them to nursing practice.
- Over 800 full-color illustrations and photographs clearly show the anatomy and physiology associated with the disease process.
- Easy-to-read conversational writing style facilitates understanding of nursing concepts.
- The new use of the Nursing Diagnosis Language (ICNP) facilitates the transition to practice, as the international classification of nursing practice is a common language shared with many electronic health record documentation systems.
Mariann M. Harding, RN, PhD,
Professor of Nursing, Kent State University at Tuscarawas, New
Jeffrey Kwong, RN, DNP, MPH,
ANP-BC, FAAN, FAANP
Professor, Division of Advanced Nursing Practice, School of Nursing,
Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
Dottie Roberts, RN, EdD, MSN,
MACI, OCNS-C, CMSRN, CNE
Executive Director, Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board, Chicago, Illinois
Debra Hagler, RN, PhD, ACNS-BC,
CNE, CHSE, ANEF, FAAN
Clinical Professor, Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona
State University, Phoenix, Arizona
Courtney Reinisch, RN, DNP, FNPBC
Undergraduate Program Director, Associate Professor, School of Nursing,
Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey
- Book Name: Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, Single Volume
- Publisher : Mosby; 11th edition (October 10, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1712 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323551491
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323551496
- Item Weight : 7.2 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.8 x 2.1 x 11 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #14,601 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4 in Medical & Surgical Nursing (Books)
This book, suitable for your nursing course, does not include the best interventions and may benefit from more detail. So if you would like to download this free pdf copy then please check the link bellow!