Katzung Pharmacology pdf is the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and authoritative pharmacology text in health medicine―enhanced by a new full-color illustration. You know Katzung is the writer of this pdf pharmacology book. And the name of this book is Basic and clinical pharmacology written by Bertram Katzung. From this article, you will able to download the latest edition of Katzung Pharmacology pdf. And if you need a hard copy then you will be able to purchase Basic and clinical pharmacology from our site also!
Preface of Katzung Pharmacology pdf
The fourteenth edition of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology or Katzung Pharmacology pdf written by Bertram Katzung continues the extensive use of full-color illustrations and expanded coverage of transporters, pharmacogenomics, and new drugs of all types emphasized in prior editions. In addition, it reflects the major expansion of large-molecule drugs in the pharmacopeia, with numerous new monoclonal antibodies and other biologic agents. Case studies accompany most chapters, and answers to questions posed in the case studies appear at the end of each chapter.
The book of Katzung Pharmacology pdf is designed to provide a comprehensive, authoritative, and readable pharmacology textbook for students in the health sciences. Frequent revision is necessary to keep pace with the rapid changes in pharmacology and therapeutics; the 2–3 year revision cycle of this text is among the shortest in the field, and the availability of an online version provides even greater currency. The book also offers special features that make it a useful reference for house officers and practicing clinicians.
This edition continues the sequence used in many pharmacology courses and in integrated curricula: basic principles of drug discovery, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacogenomics; autonomic drugs; cardiovascular-renal drugs; drugs with important actions on smooth muscle; central nervous system drugs; drugs used to treat inflammation, gout, and diseases of the blood; endocrine drugs; chemotherapeutic drugs; toxicology; and special topics. This sequence builds new information on a foundation of information already assimilated. For example, early
Presentation of autonomic nervous system pharmacology allows students to integrate the physiology and neuroscience they have learned elsewhere with the pharmacology they are learning and prepares them to understand the autonomic effects of other drugs.
This is especially important for the cardiovascular and central nervous system drug groups. However, chapters can be used equally well in courses and curricula that present these topics in a different sequence.
Features of Katzung Pharmacology pdf
- Encompasses all aspects of medical pharmacology, including botanicals and over-the-counter drugs
- Major revisions of the chapters on immunopharmacology, antiseizure, antipsychotic, antidepressant, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral drugs, prostaglandins, and central nervous system neurotransmitters
- A new chapter on the increasingly relevant topic of cannabis pharmacology
- Each chapter opens with a case study, covers drug groups and prototypes, and closes with summary tables and diagrams that encapsulate important information
- Revised full-color illustrations provide more information about drug mechanisms and effects and help clarify important concepts
- Trade Name/Generic Name tables are provided at end of each chapter for easy reference when writing a chart order or prescription
- Includes descriptions of important new drugs released through May 2019
- New and updated coverage of general concepts relating to recently discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters
Significant revisions in the new edition
• Continued expansion of the coverage of general concepts relating to newly discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters.
• Descriptions of important new drugs released through May 2017.
• Many revised illustrations in full color that provide significantly more information about drug mechanisms and effects and help to clarify important concepts.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Basic Principles
Section 2: Autonomic Drugs
Section 3: Cardiovascular Renal Drugs
Section 4: Drug with important actions on smooth muscles
Section 5: Drugs that act in the central nervous system’
Section 6: Drugs used to treat disease of the blood, inflammation and gout
Section 7: Endocrine Drugs
Section 8: Chemotherapeutic Drugs
Section 9: Toxicology
Section 10: Special Topics
Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD
Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology
University of California, San Francisco
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 15th edition (December 5, 2020)
Paperback: 1328 pages
Item Weight: 5.65 pounds
Dimensions: 8.6 x 1.8 x 10.9 inches
Buy Katzung Pharmacology 15th edition from our site to get a great offer! Hope you will be benefitted from our site!
#Katzung Pharmacology #Katzung Pharmacology pdf #Katzung Pharmacology pdf free download #Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf #Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf free download # Basic and Clinical Pharmacology