Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods PDF has been in print for over a century. It is widely used by clinical pathologists and laboratory technicians and is widely recognized as the premier text in clinical laboratory medicine.
Leading experts in each testing discipline explain procedures and how they are used to develop clinical diagnoses and plan patient medical care and long-term management.
Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods PDF take a multidisciplinary approach to provide cutting-edge coverage of molecular diagnostics, automation, informatics, laboratory management, proteomics, and quality control, emphasizing new testing methodologies throughout.
Key points of Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods PDF
- If you want to learn about every part of the clinical laboratory, as well as the scientific foundation and clinical applications of today’s full range of laboratory tests, Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods PDF is for you!
- In the updates, you’ll learn about the most recent hot topics in clinical laboratory practices, as well as new and expanded applications for diagnosis and management.
- New content includes next-generation mass spectroscopy (MS), next-generation sequencing (NGS), coagulation testing, genetics, cell-free DNA, transfusion medicine, therapeutic antibodies targeted to tumors, and new billing and reimbursement regulations such as ICD-10 coding.
- The clinical interpretation of laboratory data is emphasized to assist the clinician in patient management.
- Chapters are organized by organ system for easy access, and information is highlighted with full-color illustrations, tables, and diagrams.
- Provides advice on error detection, correction, and prevention, as well as cost-effective test selection.
- A chapter on Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring also discusses the importance of testing for therapeutic drugs, which users more commonly abused.
- With your purchase, you will receive an enhanced eBook version. Your enhanced eBook gives you access to all of the pdf’s text, figures, and references on various devices.
Overview of Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods PDF
Clinical laboratory measurements provide the scientific foundation for establishing medical diagnosis and management of patients. These results comprise most of a patient’s medical record, and laboratory examinations will continue to grow in popularity as new procedures become available and established ones are ordered more frequently in the future.
The modern concept of an electronic health record encompasses data from a patient’s birth to the end of that patient’s life. Laboratory testing plays a significant role in that record from prenatal and newborn screening through childhood, adulthood, and the senior years. Clinical chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, immunology, and transfusion medicine are all well-established testing areas.
Genetic testing for disease detection, risk assessment for hereditary diseases, and definitive diagnosis and prognosis are becoming a reality, starting with individual disease testing and progressing to whole-genome screening for various conditions. The rapid pace at which new testing procedures are introduced necessitates that laboratory practitioners be experts in multiple facets of this profession.
Clinical laboratories provide an ideal environment for translating research procedures into diagnostic assays due to their long involvement in fundamental analysis, quality control, professional competencies, and cost-effective operational strategies. All of these applications are strengthened by the fact that they occur following federal and state regulations and the accreditation standards of professional pathology organizations.
Clinical laboratories excel at these tasks. They are now responding to pressures for even more significant accomplishments in informatics, advanced analytic methods, complex data interpretation, and meaningful communication of medical information to physician colleagues and directly to patients in some health care models.
The most successful laboratory medicine practitioners will incorporate all of these approaches into their daily lives. They will serve as leaders in their institutions by spearheading initiatives to promote superior health care while remaining fiscally responsible. Henry’s Laboratory Methods for Clinical Diagnosis and Management PDF’s mission is to provide the background knowledge necessary to introduce trainees to these practices and serve as a resource for pathologists and other laboratory personnel seeking to update their ability to solve daily problems.
Part 1: The Clinical Laboratory
1. General Concepts and Administrative Issues
2. Optimizing Laboratory Workflow and Performance
4. Analysis: Principles of Instrumentation
5. Mass Spectrometry and Applications
6. Analysis: Clinical Laboratory Automation
7. Point-of-Care Testing and Physician Office Laboratories
8. Post analysis: Medical Decision Making
9. Interpreting Laboratory Results
10. Laboratory Statistics
11. Quality Control
12. Clinical Laboratory Informatics
13. Financial Management
14. Ethics in Laboratory Medicine
Part 2: Clinical Chemistry
15. Evaluation of Renal Function, Water, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Function
16. Biochemical Markers of Bone Metabolism
18. Lipids and Dyslipoproteinemia
19. Cardiac Injury, Atherosclerosis, and Thrombotic Disease
20. Specific Proteins
21. Clinical Enzymology
22. Evaluation of Liver Function
23. Laboratory Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Disorders
24. Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
25. Evaluation of Endocrine Function
26. Reproductive Function and Pregnancy
27. Vitamins and Trace Elements
28. Chemical Basis for Analyte Assays and Common Interferences
Part 3: Urine and Other Body Fluids
29. Basic Examination of Urine
30. Cerebrospinal, Synovial, Serous Body Fluids, and Alternative Specimens
Part 4: Hematology and Transfusion Medicine
31. Basic Examination of Blood and Bone Marrow
33. Erythrocytic Disorders
34. Leukocytic Disorders
35. The Flow Cytometric Evaluation for Hematopoietic Neoplasia
37. Transfusion Medicine
39. Tissue Banking and Progenitor Cells
Part 5: Hemostasis and Thrombosis
40. Coagulation and Fibrinolysis
41. Platelet Disorders and Von Willebrand Disease
42. Laboratory Approach to Thrombotic Risk
43. Antithrombotic Therapy
Part 6: Immunology and Immunopathology
44. Overview of the Immune System and Immunologic Disorders
45. Immunoassays and Immunochemistry
46. Laboratory Evaluation of the Cellular Immune System
47. Laboratory Evaluation of Immunoglobulin Function and Humoral Immunity
48. Mediators of Inflammation: Complement
49. Mediators of Inflammation: Cytokines and Adhesion Molecules
50. Human Leukocyte Antigen: The Major Histocompatibility Complex of Man
51. The Major Histocompatibility Complex and Disease
52. Immunodeficiency Disorders
53. Clinical and Laboratory Evaluation of Systemic Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases
55. Organ-Specific Autoimmune Diseases
56. Allergic Diseases
Part 7: Medical Microbiology
57. Medical Bacteriology
58. In Vitro Testing of Antimicrobial Agents
60. Mycotic Diseases
61. Spirochete Infections
62. Chlamydial and Mycoplasmal Infections
63. Rickettsiae and Other Related Intracellular Bacteria
64. Viral Infections
65. Medical Parasitology
66. Specimen Collection and Handling for Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases
Part 8: Molecular Pathology
67. Introduction to Molecular Pathology
68. Molecular Diagnostics: Basic Principles and Techniques
69. Polymerase Chain Reaction and Other Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology
70. Hybridization Array Technologies
71. Applications of Cytogenetics in Modern Pathology
72. Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Diseases
73. Molecular Genetics of Neuro-Psychiatric Disorders: Current Research and Perspectives
74. Identity Testing: Use of DNA Analysis in Parentage, Forensic, and Missing Persons Testing
75. Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine
Part 9: Clinical Pathology of Cancer
76. Diagnosis and Management of Cancer Using Serologic and Other Body Fluid Markers
77. Oncoproteins and Early Tumor Detection
78. Molecular Diagnosis of Hematopoietic Neoplasms
79. Molecular Genetic Pathology of Solid Tumors
80. High-Throughput Genomic and Proteomic Technologies in the Post-Genomic Era
Richard A. McPherson, MD, MSc
Department of Pathology
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Matthew R. Pincus, MD, PhD
Department of Pathology
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
Pros & Cons
Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods PDF is as heavy as a brick. I’d go with the Kindle version. The content is extensive and extensive, with numerous references. Clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion, microbiology, molecular biology, and lab management are all rolled into one. Three or four books in one. As a result, it is a good buy. As a lab professional, I use it to refresh theory and concepts.
- Book Name: Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, 24th Edition
- Authors: Richard A. McPherson MD MSc (Author), Matthew R. Pincus MD PhD (Author)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 24th edition (June 15, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1618 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323673201
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323673204
- Item Weight : 8.05 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.12 x 11.81 x 0.79 inches
Download pdf copy of Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods
Always We will encourage you to buy a hardcover/paperback/kindle from our affiliated link. But for those who have financial problems and need the e-book or pdf version, we provide them the book’s copy totally free. And If the owner of the book gives a complaint about the pdf copy then we are bound to remove the copy from our site!
To file a complaint, email us–
Please don’t forget to comment if you couldn’t download this file or if you face any kind of issue! Or you can provide your email to the comment section, and we will send you the pdf copy through your email! And also, please must share your experience with this book. We will publish your comment though you add a relevant link about this content!