Celebrated for its exact and faultless representations, efficient route and study devices, and drawing in clinical substance, Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology is created particularly for understudies with no earlier information on life systems and physiology and little science foundation. The Sixth Edition is the clearest, outwardly successful, and vocation inspiring release to date. New Spotlight figures coordinate brief content and visuals for simple perusing. New Career Paths, in view of meetings with individuals working in key medical care occupations, acquire understudies on the regular work universe of medical services professionals with an objective toward educating and spurring them about their own future medical services vocations. This book is designed for understudies who took on a one-semester A&P course.
Features of Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
Grant winning craftsmanship and photograph program:
1. One next to the other Figures furnish understudies with numerous perspectives on a similar design, commonly blending a craftsman’s drawing with a body photo. This methodology permits understudies to contrast the artist’s delivery and a photograph of the real construction as it very well might be found in the research facility or working room.
2. Bit by bit Figures separate multifaceted cycles into numbered bit by bit outlines that arrange with the creators’ account portrayals. These simple-to-follow successions in the book are additionally highlighted on the Instructor Resource DVD (IR-DVD) (by means of the “Progression Edit” work) for educators to use in homeroom introductions.
3. Large scale to-Micro Figures assist understudies with overcoming any issues among recognizable and new constructions of the body by sequencing anatomical perspectives from entire organs or different designs to their more modest parts. A commonplace delineation may join a basic direction graph (demonstrating where an organ or construction is situated in the human body) with an enormous, distinctive outline of that organ or other design, a comparing cross-sectional view, and a photomicrograph.
4. Outline over-Photo Figures, notwithstanding being outwardly sensational with their 3D impacts, encourage reasonable body extents and construction arrangement.
Efficient route and study instruments
1. Learning Outcomes on every part opening page show to understudies what they ought to have the option to do subsequent to considering the section. These Learning Outcomes are composed by number to the section headings, permitting understudies to check their comprehension by both Learning Outcomes and part points. A
2. Full-sentence part headings accomplish more than present new points: they express the center certainty or idea that will be introduced in the part segment. These numbered part headings are straightforwardly connected to the numbered Learning Outcomes found on the section opening page, making it simple for understudies to see, explore through, and get familiar with the part content.
3. Jargon Development segments kick off every part, posting the significant word roots that structure the premise of the specific phrasing in the section.
4. Designated spot questions show up toward the finish of each segment, finishing off each significant point. Every Checkpoint checks understudy comprehension of significant realities as well as ideas as indicated by what understudies most need to recall from the part in the section. The Checkpoints fortify the Learning Outcomes recorded on the part opening page, bringing about an orderly reconciliation of the Learning Outcomes throughout the section. Understudies can right away check their reactions to these inquiries against the appropriate responses situated at the rear of the book.
5. Idea Links, motioned with blue bolt symbols, ready understudies to material that is identified with, or expands upon, past conversations. Each connection alludes understudies to a page number for rapidly looking into the important material from a prior section.
6. End-of-part 3-level learning framework helps assemble understudy certainty and comprehension through a coherent movement from genuine inquiries (Level 1) to reasonable issues (Level 2) to logical activities (Level 3). The assortment of inquiry types additionally gives teachers adaptability in appointing schoolwork from the content.
Profession planning and clinical substance
1. Clinical Notes habitually improved with visuals, show up inside each section, and cause students to notice the illnesses and issues they will experience in their future medical care vocations. Clinical Notes, regularly improved with visuals, show up inside each part and cause students to notice the illnesses and issues they will experience in their future medical services vocations.
2. Vocation Paths are meet based vignettes that feature 11 medical care experts. They show up toward the finish of each body framework. The accompanying callings are highlighted: crisis clinical expert (EMT), dental hygienist, knead advisor, doctor right hand, actual specialist, phlebotomist, pediatric medical caretaker, respiratory specialist, enlisted dietitian, a drug store professional, and sonographer.
3. The Big Picture confines briefly sort out center ideas life systems and physiology at notable focuses in a part. These real assertions give understudies the key ideas that they ought to recall five years after their life structures and physiology course, paying little heed to the particular profession way they seek after later on.
New to This Edition of Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
Coherence and visual adequacy
1. Spotlight Figures are a couple of page introductions that consolidate brief content and related visuals to impart data in an outwardly successful and understudy neighborly arrangement. The Spotlights make anatomical, physiological, and clinical substance simple to peruse and comprehend.
2. More successful figure association makes figures simpler for understudies to comprehend and examine. Figure titles are currently found reliably at the highest point of each figure, to present it, and figure part subtitles are currently found quickly under their particular figure parts for compelling content craftsmanship combination and simple perusing. Numerous figures have likewise been rearranged to lump data into more clear strides to manage understudies through complex cycles.
3. “Fabricate a-Body” System Integrators show up toward the finish of each body framework to fortify understudy comprehension of the interconnection across all body frameworks.
4. Simple to-peruse tables are based on another plan that puts together data unmistakably for productive considering.
Pertinence to understudies’ future medical care professions
1. Vocation Paths give understudies astounding acquaintances with probably the most mainstream professions in medical care. These meeting-based vignettes of 11 diverse medical services experts highlight direct records of the calling, clinical pictures, and key measurements on yearly income, work standpoint, and schooling and preparing prerequisites to help understudies focus on their fantasy profession and spur them in their examinations. The accompanying callings are included: crisis clinical specialist (EMT), dental hygienist, knead advisor, doctor partner, actual advisor, phlebotomist, pediatric medical caretaker, respiratory specialist, enrolled dietitian, drug store expert, and sonographer.
2. Outwardly improved Clinical Notes cause students to notice the clinical issues they will experience in their future professions.
Table of contents of Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
1. An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. The Chemical Level of Organization
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. The Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
8. The Nervous System
9. The General and Special Senses
10. The Endocrine System
11. The Cardiovascular System: Blood
12. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
13. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Circulation
14. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
15. The Respiratory System
16. The Digestive System
17. Metabolism and Energetics
18. The Urinary System
19. The Reproductive System
20. Development and Inheritance
Frederic (Ric) H. Martini received his Ph.D. from Cornell University in comparative and functional anatomy for work on the pathophysiology of stress. He is currently an affiliated faculty member of the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Dr. Martini is a President Emeritus of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) after serving as President-elect, President, and Past-president over 2004-2007. He was a member of the HAPS committee that established the course curriculum guidelines for A&P. He is the lead author of nine undergraduate texts on anatomy and physiology or anatomy, all published by Pearson.
Edwin F. Bartholomew received his undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University in Ohio and his M.S. from the University of Hawaii. Mr. Bartholomew has taught anatomy and physiology and a wide variety of other science courses (from botany to zoology) at both the secondary and undergraduate levels at historic Lahainaluna High School, the oldest high school west of the Rockies, and Maui Community College. Mr. Bartholomew is a member of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS), the National Association of Biology Teachers, the National Science Teachers Association, the Hawaii Science Teachers Association, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Working with Dr. Martini, he has coauthored five undergraduate texts on anatomy and physiology, all published by Pearson.
Book Name: Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
Publisher: Pearson; 6th edition (January 6, 2012)
Item Weight: 4.3 pounds
Dimensions: 9.1 x 1.2 x 10.9 inches
Best Sellers Rank:
- #734,825 in Books
- #385 in Physiology (Books)
- #490 in Anatomy & Physiology (Books)
Amazon Price (6th edition): 3.55$ (Hard Cover) & 53.52$ (Paperback)
Amazon Price (7th edition): 41.74$ (Hard Cover) & 55$ (Paperback)
Biography of Frederic Martini
I received my Ph.D. from Cornell University in comparative and functional anatomy for work on the pathophysiology of stress. In addition to professional publications that include journal articles and contributed chapters, technical reports, and magazine articles, I am the lead author of ten undergraduate textbooks, two Atlases, and five clinical manuals in the fields of anatomy and physiology or anatomy. I have also published a book for amateur naturalists and my most recent effort is a nonfiction work based on declassified WWII and post-war documents held in the archives of the US and other countries. I am currently affiliated with the University of Hawaii at Manoa, after retiring from teaching at the Maui campus. I have a long-standing bond with the Shoals Marine Laboratory, a joint venture between Cornell University and the University of New Hampshire.
I have been active in the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) for over 24 years and was a member of the committee that established the course curriculum guidelines for undergraduate anatomy and physiology. I am a President Emeritus of HAPS after serving as President-Elect, President, and Past-President over 2005–2007 and also belong to the American Physiological Society, the American Association of Anatomists, the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology, the Australia/New Zealand Association of Clinical Anatomists, the Hawaii Academy of Science, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the International Society of Vertebrate Morphologists. I have been a member of the Authors Guild since 1994 and a member of the Textbook Authors Association since 1990.
Reviews of this book
Exactly what was required for my class.Amanda
Shipping was fast, and i got the book before class even started. It has great illustrations for studying, and several test yourself quizzes. I compared it with the newer edition, and there really isn’t a difference.Essss
Great rental glad its available for renting!Jessica Clay
I used this book for a class at UCLA, and it was fantastic. The writing in most anatomy books is quite dry, but this one does a good job of tying anatomy and physiology together in a readable, layperson-friendly format.RedTerrier
Book was in really good shape For being used. There were no marks or highlights in it.Brooke