More than two million medical students, doctors, and other health professionals around the globe have owned a replica of the Davidson Medicine PDF since it had been first published. Now in its 23rd Edition, this textbook describes the pathophysiology and clinical features of the foremost frequently encountered conditions within the major specialties of adult medicine and explains the way to recognize, investigate, diagnose and manage them.
Taking its origins from Sir Stanley Davidson’s much-admired lecture notes, Davidson’s has endured because it keeps pace with how modern medicine is taught and provides a wealth of data in an easy-to-read, concise, and beautifully illustrated format. Davidson Medicine PDF will serve readers everywhere as a core text that integrates life science with clinical medicine, conveying key knowledge and practical advice in a highly accessible and readable format.
1. The opening section describes the basics of genetics, immunology, infectious diseases, and population health, and discusses the core principles of clinical decision-making and good prescribing.
2. A replacement second section on emergency and important care medicine encompasses poisoning, envenomation, and environmental medicine, and introduces a replacement chapter on acute medicine and important illness.
3. The third section covers the main medical specialties, each thoroughly revised and brought fully up so far. Two new chapters on maternal and adolescent/transition medicine complement the one on aging and disease. A replacement chapter on medical ophthalmology has been included.
4. Clinical Examination overviews summarize the most elements for every system and now feature within the biochemistry, nutrition, and dermatology chapters.
5. Presenting Problems sections provide a transparent pathway for the assessment of and approach to the foremost common complaints in each specialty.
6. Practice Point summaries detail the sensible skills that medical students and junior doctors must acquire.
7. Emergency boxes emphasize the core knowledge needed to manage acutely ill patients.
In Old Age, In Pregnancy, and In Adolescence boxes highlight differences within the practice of drugs in these patient groups, and illustrate the interfaces between medical, obstetric, and pediatric services.
8. The text is extensively illustrated, with over 1000 diagrams, clinical photographs, and radiology and pathology images.
9. The worldwide perspective is enhanced by a world planning board of experts from 17 countries, and by authors from around the world.
10. The new second section on emergency and important care medicine introduces a significantly expanded and comprehensive account of the approaches to handling acute medical and important illnesses.
11. Two new chapters on maternal and adolescent/transition medicine complement the one on aging and disease by addressing problems encountered at key stages of patients’ lives.
12. A replacement chapter on medical ophthalmology has been included as an immediate response to readers’ requests.
13. The opening chapter has been completely rewritten with a replacement specializing in the important principles of clinical decision-making or clinical reasoning.
14. A replacement internal text design for this 23rd Edition provides an easier and clearer presentation of the varied categories of text boxes.
Preface of Davidson Medicine PDF
Well over two million copies of Davidson’s Principles and Practice of drugs are sold since it had been first published in 1952. Now in its 23rd Edition, Davidson’s is considered a ‘must-have’ textbook for thousands of medical students, doctors, and health professionals across the planet, describing the pathophysiology and clinical features of the foremost important conditions encountered in the major specialties of adult medicine and explaining the way to investigate, diagnose and manage them. The book is the winner of various prizes and awards and has been translated into many languages.
Taking its origins from Sir Stanley Davidson’s much-admired lecture notes, the book has endured because it continues to stay pace with how modern medicine is taught and to supply a wealth of data in an easy-to-read, concise, and beautifully illustrated format. Davidson strives to make sure that readers can’t only recognize the clinical features of a disease but also understand the underlying abuses. To realize this, each chapter begins with a summary of the relevant pre-clinical science, linking pathophysiology with clinical presentation and treatment in order that students can use the book from the outset of their medical studies throughout to their final examinations and beyond.
The regular introduction of the latest authors and editors is vital for maintaining freshness. On this occasion, Professor Mark Strachan and Dr. Richard Hobson have come on board as editors, and 26 new authors have joined our existing contributors to form an impressive team of authorities in their respective fields.
As well as recruiting authors from around the globe, particularly for topics like infectious diseases, HIV and envenomation, we welcome members from 17 countries to our International planning board. These leading experts provide detailed comments that are crucial to our revision of every remake. A very important aspect in planning the revision is for the editors to satisfy students and schools in medical schools in those countries where the book is most generally read, in order that we will answer the feedback of our global readership and their tutors. We use this feedback, alongside the knowledge we gather via detailed student reviews and surveys, to craft each edition.
The authors, editors, and publishing team aim to make sure that readers everywhere on the planet are best served by a book that integrates life science with clinical medicine to convey key knowledge and practical advice in an accessible and readable format. The quantity of detail is ready-made to the requirements of medical students working towards their final examinations, also as candidates preparing for Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians (MRCP) or its equivalent.
Contents of Davidson’s PDF
Fundamentals of medicine
- Clinical decision making
- Clinical therapeutics and good prescribing
- Clinical genetics
- Clinical immunology
- Population health and epidemiology
- Principles of infectious disease
Emergency and critical care medicine
- Environmental medicine
- Acute medicine and critical illness
- Infectious diseases
- HIV infection and AIDS
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Clinical biochemistry and metabolic medicine
- Nephrology and urology
- Respiratory medicine
- Nutritional factors in disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hematology and transfusion medicine
- Rheumatology and bone disease
- Stroke medicine
- Medical ophthalmology
- Medical psychiatry
- Maternal medicine
- Adolescent and transition medicine
- Ageing and disease
- Pain and palliative care
- Laboratory reference ranges
Authors of Davidson Medicine Book PDF
Stuart H Ralston
MD, FRCP, FMedSci, FRSE, FFPM (Hon)
Arthritis Research UK Professor of Rheumatology,
University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist,
Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Ian D Penman
BSc (Hons), MD, FRCPE
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh;
Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, UK
Mark WJ Strachan
BSc (Hons), MD, FRCPE
Metabolic Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh;
Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh, UK
Richard P Hobson
LLM, PhD, MRCP (UK), FRCPath
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust;
Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds, UK
Illustrations by Robert Britton
Publisher: Elsevier; 23rd edition (May 7, 2018)
Paperback: 1440 pages
Item Weight: 6.67 pounds
Dimensions: 7.8 x 2.1 x 10.2 inches
Best Sellers Rank: #493,421 in Books
Amazon Price: 15.11$
#Davidson’spdf #Davidson’s pdf #Davidson’s pdf free download #Davidson’s pdf latest edition #Davidson’s pdf 23rd edition free #Davidson Medicine PDF