Introduced in full-color and loaded with numerous illustrations, Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf is that the wide-going, drawing-in control students have relied on for a long time. Organized to reflect the course sequence in many pharmacology courses and in integrated curricula, the guide covers the important concepts students got to realize the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice. This edition has been extensively updated to supply expanded coverage of transporters, pharmacogenomics, and new drugs.
Conveys the information and understanding expected to dominate in each facet of pharmacology!
- Encompasses all aspects of medical pharmacology, including botanicals and over-the-counter drugs.
- Trade Name/Generic Name tables are provided at end of every chapter for straightforward reference when writing a chart order or prescription.
- New and updated coverage of general concepts concerning recently discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters.
- Each chapter opens with a case study, covers drug groups and prototypes, and closes with summary tables and diagrams that encapsulate important information.
- Revised full-color illustrations provide more information about drug mechanisms and effects and help clarify important concepts.
- Major revisions of the chapters on immunopharmacology, antiseizure, antipsychotic, antidepressant, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral drugs, prostaglandins, and central systema nervosum neurotransmitters.
- Includes descriptions of important new drugs released through May 2019.
- A new chapter on the increasingly relevant topic of cannabis pharmacology.
Download Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf
Preface of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf
The fifteen editions of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf continue the extensive use of full-color illustrations and expanded coverage of transporters, pharmacogenomics, and new drugs of all types emphasized in prior editions. In addition, it reflects the major expansion of large-molecule drugs in the pharmacopeia, with numerous new monoclonal antibodies and other biologic agents. Case studies accompany most chapters, and answers to questions posed in the case studies appear at the end of each chapter.
Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf is designed to provide a comprehensive, authoritative, and readable pharmacology textbook for students in the health sciences. Frequent revision is necessary to keep pace with the rapid changes in pharmacology and therapeutics; the 2–3 year revision cycle of this text is among the shortest in the field, and the availability of an online version provides even greater currency. The book also offers special features that make it a useful reference for house officers and practicing clinicians.
This edition continues the sequence used in many pharmacology courses and in integrated curricula: basic principles of drug discovery, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacogenomics; autonomic drugs; cardiovascular-renal drugs; drugs with important actions on smooth muscle; central nervous system drugs; drugs used to treat inflammation, gout, and diseases of the blood; endocrine drugs; chemotherapeutic drugs; toxicology; and special topics. This sequence builds new information on a foundation of information already assimilated. For example, early presentation of autonomic nervous system pharmacology allows students to integrate the physiology and neuroscience they have learned elsewhere with the pharmacology they are learning and prepares them to understand the autonomic effects of other drugs.
This is especially important for the cardiovascular and central nervous system drug groups. However, chapters can be used equally well in courses and curricula that present these topics in a different Sequence. Within each chapter, the emphasis is placed on discussion of drug groups and prototypes rather than offering repetitive detail about individual drugs. The selection of the subject matter and the order of its presentation are based on the accumulated experience of teaching this material to thousands of medical, pharmacy, dental, podiatry, nursing, and other health science students.
Major features that make this book of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf particularly useful in integrated curricula include sections that specifically address the clinical choice and use of drugs in patients and the monitoring of their effects—in other words, clinical pharmacology is an integral part of this text. Lists of the trade and generic names of commercial preparations available are provided at the end of each chapter for easy reference by the house officer or practitioner evaluating a patient’s drug list or writing a prescription.
Contents of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf
Section 1: Basic Principles
- Introduction: The Nature of Drugs & Drug Development & Regulation
- Drug Receptors & Pharmacodynamics
- Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics: Rational Dosing & the Time Course of Drug Action
- Drug Biotransformation
Section 2: Autonomic Drugs
- Introduction to Autonomic Pharmacology
- Cholinoceptor-Activating & Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Drugs
- Cholinoceptor-Blocking Drugs
- Adrenoceptor Agonists & Sympathomimetic Drugs
- Adrenoceptor Antagonist Drugs
Section 3: Cardiovascular Renal Drugs
- Antihypertensive Agents
- Vasodilators & the Treatment of Angina Pectoris
- Drugs Used in Heart Failure
- Agents Used in Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Diuretic Agents
Section 4: Drug with important actions on smooth muscles
- Histamine, Serotonin, & the Ergot Alkaloids
- Vasoactive Peptides
- The Eicosanoids: Prostaglandins, Thromboxanes, Leukotrienes, & Related Compounds
- Nitric Oxide
- Drugs Used in Asthma
Section 5: Drugs that act in the central nervous system
- Introduction to the Pharmacology of CNS Drugs
- Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs
- The Alcohols
- Antiseizure Drugs
- General Anesthetics
- Local Anesthetics
- Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
- Pharmacologic Management of Parkinsonism & Other Movement Disorders
- Antipsychotic Agents & Lithium
- Antidepressant Agents
- Opioid Agonists & Antagonists
- Drugs of Abuse
Section 6: Drugs used to treat disease of the blood, inflammation and gout
- Agents Used in Cytopenias; Hematopoietic
- Drugs Used in Disorders of Coagulation
- Agents Used in Dyslipidemia
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs, Nonopioid Analgesics, & Drugs Used in Gout
Section 7: Endocrine Drugs
- Hypothalamic & Pituitary Hormones
- Thyroid & Antithyroid Drugs
- Adrenocorticosteroids & Adrenocortical Antagonists
- The Gonadal Hormones & Inhibitors
- Pancreatic Hormones & Antidiabetic Drugs
- Agents That Affect Bone Mineral Homeostasis
Section 8: Chemotherapeutic Drugs
- Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics
- Tetracyclines, Macrolides, Clindamycin, Chloramphenicol, Streptogramins, & Oxazolidinones
- Aminoglycosides & Spectinomycin
- Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim, & Quinolones
- Antimycobacterial Drugs
- Antifungal Agents
- Antiviral Agents
- Miscellaneous Antimicrobial Agents; Disinfectants, Antiseptics, & Sterilants
- Clinical Use of Antimicrobial Agents
- Antiprotozoal Drugs
- Clinical Pharmacology of the
- Antihelminthic Drugs
- Cancer Chemotherapy
Section 9: Toxicology
- Introduction to Toxicology: Occupational & Environmental
- Heavy Metal Intoxication & Chelators
- Management of the Poisoned Patient
Section 10: Special Topics
- Special Aspects of Perinatal & Pediatric Pharmacology
- Special Aspects of Geriatric Pharmacology
- Dermatologic Pharmacology
- Drugs Used in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Therapeutic & Toxic Potential of Over-the-Counter Agents
- Dietary Supplements & Herbal Medications
- Rational Prescribing & Prescription Writing
- Important Drug Interactions & Their Mechanisms
Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD
Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology
University of California, San Francisco
- Book Name: Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf
- Authors: Bertram G. Katzung
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 15th edition (December 5, 2020)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 1328 pages
- ISBN-10: 126045231X
- ISBN-13: 978-1260452310
- Item Weight: 5.06 pounds
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 1.8 x 10.9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #70,633 in Books
- #18 in Pharmacology (Books)
- #495 in Basic Medical Sciences
Paperback Price Variations
Kindle Price Variations
Reminder: Always We encourage you to buy a hardcover/paperback/kindle from our site or other sites from where you want with your choice. Though we will be grateful if you use our AMAZON or abe Books affiliate link! And for those who have financial problems and need the e-book or pdf version, we provide them the book’s copy totally free. But If the owner gives a complaint about the pdf copy then we are bound to remove the copy from our site!
To file a complaint, email us–
Download Basic and Clinical Pharmacology 14th edition pdf
#Basic and Clinical Pharmacology ##Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf ##Basic and Clinical Pharmacology pdf free download ##Basic and Clinical Pharmacology 15th edition #katzung pharmacology latest edition #katzung pharmacology 15th edition #katzung pharmacology pdf google drive #katzung pdf #katzung review pharmacology pdf #basic and clinical pharmacology 13th edition pdf free download #basic and clinical pharmacology 14th edition citation