Antibiotics Simplified, Fifth Edition, PDF is a relatively brief, best-selling book that connects what you learn in basic science classes with how infectious diseases are treated in the real world.
This PDF of a practical textbook goes over basic microbiology and how to treat a patient with infection with drugs. Antibiotics Simplified book PDF also has short reviews of each class of antibacterial and antifungal drugs.
This book makes learning about antibiotics and pharmacotherapy for infectious diseases easier. It also puts all the information about antibiotics into one quick reference guide.
Antibiotics Simplified book will help students learn about antibiotics and why they are suitable for certain things. If students know what antibiotics are and how they work, it will be easier to choose the right one to treat an infection.
The Fifth Edition of Antibiotics Simplified PDF covers more drug classes than the previous editions, but it still focuses on the “key points” that have made the book so popular. Part I now has a new chapter, Chapter 6, which should make it easier to understand how complicated antibiotic resistance is.
The Fifth Edition has more information about new drugs and how the world of hepatitis C pharmacotherapy is changing quickly. Since the Third Edition, PDF new antibiotics have been added, and the chapters for each class have been updated to include new clinical and scientific findings.
|Book Name||Antibiotics Simplified|
|Publisher|| Jones & Bartlett Learning; 5th edition (July 25, 2022)|
|File Size||2.2 MB|
Antibiotics Simplified 5th Edition PDF Introduction
When students hear the word “antibiotics,” they feel scared, and many health care professionals feel uneasy. Antibiotics are a broad category that includes many different drugs that work in different ways and have other side effects, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and clinical uses. These classes can be confusing and hard to understand.
We think that learning about the pharmacotherapy of infectious diseases in a logical, step-by-step way can help clear away the mental fog that keeps people from using and understanding these drugs as well as they could. Learning about the properties of antibiotics makes it much easier to learn about pharmacotherapy for infectious diseases.
When students and doctors try to learn about the best antibiotics for different types of infections before they know what those drugs do, they never really understand what they are trying to learn.
Once you know what each antibiotic does, choosing the right one to treat an infection is much easier. This method takes a little bit of time at first, but it will be well worth it when you realize that the pharmacotherapy for all infections is the same and makes sense. It also helps when you have a patient who didn’t read the guidelines for their infection and needs an antibiotic plan that isn’t the norm.
Antibiotics Simplified Book PDF Contents
Part 1 Considerations with Antibiotic Therapy
- Chapter 1 The Wonderful World of Microbiology
- Chapter 2 General Approach to Infectious Diseases
- Chapter 3 Antibiotic Pharmacokinetics
- Chapter 4 Antibiotic Pharmacodynamics
- Chapter 5 Adverse Consequences of Antibiotic Use
- Chapter 6 Antibiotic Resistance
Part 2 Antibacterial Drugs
- Chapter 7 Beta-Lactams
- Chapter 8 Glycopeptides and Short-Acting Lipoglycopeptides
- Chapter 9 Long-Acting Glycopeptides
- Chapter 10 Fluoroquinolones
- Chapter 11 Aminoglycosides
- Chapter 12 Tetracyclines and Modified Tetracyclines
- Chapter 13 Macrolides
- Chapter 14 Oxazolidinones
- Chapter 15 Nitroimidazoles
- Chapter 16 Nitrofurans and Fosfomycin
- Chapter 17 Streptogramins
- Chapter 18 Cyclic Lipopeptides
- Chapter 19 Folate Antagonists
- Chapter 20 Lincosamides
- Chapter 21 Polymyxins
- Chapter 22 Clostridioides difficile-Specific Agents
Part 3 Antimycobacterial Drugs
- Chapter 23 Antimycobacterial Drugs
- Chapter 24 Rifamycins
- Chapter 25 Isoniazid
- Chapter 26 Pyrazinamide
- Chapter 27 Ethambutol
Part 4 Antifungal Drugs
- Chapter 28 Antifungal Drugs
- Chapter 29 Polyenes
- Chapter 30 Antifungal Antimetabolites
- Chapter 31 Azoles
- Chapter 32 Echinocandins
- Chapter 33 Terpenoids
Part 5 Antiviral Drugs
- Chapter 34 Antiviral Drugs
- Chapter 35 Anti-Herpes Simplex Virus and Varicella-Zoster Virus Agents
- Chapter 36 Anti-cytomegalovirus Agents
- Chapter 37 Anti-influenza Antivirals
- Chapter 38 Anti-coronavirus Antivirals
- Chapter 39 Antiretroviral Drugs
- Chapter 40 Antiviral Interferons
- Chapter 41 Direct-Acting Anti-hepatitis C Agents
- Chapter 42 Ribavirin
- Chapter 43 Hepatitis B Nucleoside Analogs
- Chapter 44 Anti-SARS-2-CoV Antibody Therapies
Part 6 Antiparasitic Drugs
- Chapter 45 Antiparasitic Drugs
- Chapter 46 Quinolines
- Chapter 47 Atovaquone
- Chapter 48 Benzimidazoles
- Chapter 49 Pentamidine
- Chapter 50 Ivermectin
- Chapter 51 Artemisinins
Appendix 1 Selected Normal Human Flora
Appendix 2 Spectrum of Activity
Appendix 3 Empiric Regions for Common Infections
Download Antibiotics Simplified PDF